Workforce Development Agency – SkillsConnect
Silo systems for accreditation and range of training incentives and grants for the respective individuals.
- Unable to handle complex, new & dynamic funding & business rules.
- Duplication of records
- Manual paperwork and time-consuming for users
- Inefficient processing, tracking and reporting
Create an e-portal which serves as a central gateway for the Singapore Workforce Development Agency (WDA)’s business partners and customers to apply for accreditation and training incentives.
Greater convenience and higher service levels for Training Organisations and companies. Remove the need to access multiple systems and do data re-entry to apply for Skills Development Fund(SDF) claims and absentee payroll.
Training Organizations are able to apply for course accreditations and obtain funding approval for their accredited courses in a streamlined process without accessing to different systems.
Trainees can now access a national database to view and print a history of their training and assessment records so as to enable them to better plan for their training and upgrading needs as well as obtain guidance on their career pathways.
Increase efficiency in enrolment process via an intuitive online system
Historically, WDA administrative services are divided into 2 systems: Accreditation and Training Incentives & Grants. Having disparate systems on excel-based systems made tracking complex and time consuming. On the other hand, trainees faced the challenge of accessing multiple systems to apply for grants and absentee payrolls.
Going forward, as demands for dynamic business modules and efficiency standards increase, WDA seeks to create a fully integrated world-class administrative system.
The SkillsConnect system serves as a central gateway for WDA’s business partners and customers to apply for accreditation and range of training incentives and grants. This facilitates information sharing on one single application.
Deliver Productivity, Security and Reliability
A trainee can search for courses in the SkillsConnect system and access a national database to view and print a history of their training and assessment records so as to enable them to better plan for their training and upgrading needs as well as obtain guidance on their career pathways.
Under this system, Training Organisations are now able to apply for course accreditations and obtain funding approval for their accredited courses in a more streamlined process. In addition, companies can now log in via the SkillsConnect system to enrol their employees for SDF approved courses and better manage provision of grants.
WDA partnered with Ecquaria to improve competency standards and raise performance in an impactful manner. Delivery of an optimum online system produces accuracy, increasing satisfaction, thus enhancing customer experience.
“Offering stability and reliability for (number) individuals is a big responsibility. With the SkillsConnect system, applicants and training organizations can collectively have access to this platform in an accelerated manner. Today, they no longer need to log in to multiple systems.”
Dr Foong Wai Keong
President and CEO
- Increased operational efficiency e.g. claims now take shorter number of days.
- Increased tracking and visibility for all users.
- One-stop shop for all tracking needs from course application to claims.
- Comprehensive training profile (lifecycle) of individuals, employers and training bodies.
- Elimination of physical forms, manual processing.
- Dynamic routing according to business rules.
- Auto-calculation of claims based on business rules e.g. age,gender, attendance.
- Intelligent pre-population of data fields.
- Sharing of common data e.g. People Hub, ACRA, CPF.
- Extensive Interface and Integration with internal and external systems.
- Save and store supporting documents.
- System administrator can easily define rules.